Wednesday 19 February 2014

Ukraine



16/9/14
Svetlana sent me this postcard showing a Trembita, which is the longest wind instrument in the world! They can be up to 4m long and can be heard over 10km away! Svetlana invited me to visit Ukraine, which I would love to do one day, although maybe not if we have a Trembita player nearby!

Many thanks for the postcard.











*****

5/9/14
Alla sent me this landscape postcard showing a castle overlooking a lake. This postcard didn't take very long to arrive, as it was written and posted on the 1st September, which is the Day of Knowledge in Ukraine. It was a very hot day, at 27 degrees!

Thanks for the postcard.






*****

13/8/14
Well, this is a different kind of bird for my collection! Evgeniy sent me this showing some of the "Angry Birds" which have spread around the world recently. I prefer real birds though, but we always have a laugh trying to decide which real birds are the most angry - personally I think Blue Tits are ranked quite highly!

Thanks for the postcard.



*****

 8/3/14
Oksana sent me this multi view postcard from Kyiv in exchange for a Welsh one. I think we both want to visit each others countries, so maybe one day we will actually meet up to show each other around!

Thanks for the postcard, and the invite to visit!





*****

6/3/14
This is Svirzh Castle, not too far away from Lviv. Although it is not a very famous landmark, it is still popular with visitors to the area. Katya paints a lovely picture, saying that it is over the lake with the swans, and that from this perspective you are more likely to see horses or cows in front of the castle instead of tourists. It looks like an a amazing castle!

Thanks for the TAG.


*****


I received this postcard from Diana of the University in Chernivtsi. I love seeing educational establishments in other countries - in Britain we have some new (like Stirling where I studied) and some old (like Bangor, where I live now).

Thanks for the postcard!

No comments:

Post a Comment