Thursday 20 March 2014

Argentina




22/4/14
This drawing was made by Lino Enea Spilimergo, a famous Argentinian artist. It is supposed to represent San Juan in 1929, before the city started to grow into the countryside. Paola lives in San Juan, so I can only imagine what it looks like today!

Thanks so much for the postcard and the information about the artists.










*****

20/3/14
Renzo sent me these two surprising postcards from Argentina. Surprising because I naively forgot that Argentina has some pretty high mountains and I did not expect to see snow! These could almost be Scotland!

Mendoza looks like a very pretty area - this postcard reminds me of Central Park in NYC.
I love reflections of landscapes in lakes, and this postcard is amazing for that! The building looks like a hotel or resort but I think the best view is definitely from where the photo was taken!

I definitely hope to visit Argentina in the future, and will make a point of visiting this area! Thanks so much for showing me your province.

No comments:

Post a Comment