Thursday 28 August 2014

France



12/9/14
Ellie has one of my dream jobs! She is on a work placement with the local tourist information centre and gives guided tours around Bordeaux. Bordeaux means "waters edge" and the city was built on ancient streams and canals which over time have been blocked up. This is Place de la Bourse and Mirroir d'eau, which is a big paddling pool infront of the buildings, giving lovely reflections.

Thanks so much for the postcard, and I am jealous of your job!


*****

8/8/14
This beady eyed bird was sent to me by Anna as part of a Round Robin. Though she likes birds of prey, she doesn't know what species this is, but thinks it might live in the French Alps. I think it looks like a harrier, but will ask my birding friends and confirm this.

Thanks for the postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment